2022 White-Collar Crime Conference
Thursday, May 5, 2022
12:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Aloft Boston | Seaport District
401 D St, Boston, MA 02210
BBA Members: $460
Gov. Lawyer Members: $250
Discounted group rates available. Contact Mariah Hanlon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join law firm defense counsel, government prosecutors, in-house counsel, judges, and corporate professionals for timely guidance and analysis on recent white-collar crime cases and practice developments.
Don’t miss the signature professional development and networking event for Boston’s white-collar crime bar.
All updates to the conference agenda and speaker lineup will be posted here.
Keynote Fireside Chat
We are pleased to announce that Rachael S. Rollins, U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts, will be joining us at our annual White-Collar Crime Conference. She will sit down with Natashia Tidwell of Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP to discuss her vision and priorities for the office as well as what to look for moving forward.
12:30 PM – 1:20 PM
Healthcare Fraud Update
- Moderator: Greg Noonan – Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Kelly Lawrence – Assistant U.S Attorney, Chief, Health Care Fraud Unit
- Abraham George – Assistant U.S. Attorney, Chief, Affirmative Civil Enforcement, U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Gregg Shapiro – Partner, Newman & Shapiro
- Miranda Hooker – Partner, Troutman Pepper
- Toby Unger – Chief of the Medicaid Fraud Division, Office of Massachusetts Attorney General
1:20 PM – 1:30 PM
1:30 PM – 2:20 PM
2:20 PM – 2:30 PM
2:30 PM – 3:15 PM
Cryptocurrency and Money Laundering
- Seth Kosto – Deputy Chief, Securities, Financial, and Cyber Fraud Unit, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts
- Eric Rosen – Partner, Roche Freedman
- Jeremy Gray – Senior Litigation Counsel, Circle
- Amy Burkart – Trial Attorney, U.S Securities & Exchange Commission
- David Lazarus – Partner, Verrill
Charging and Sentencing
- Moderator: Jessica Conklin – Senior Counsel, Laredo & Smith
- Dustin Chao – Assistant U.S Attorney, U.S Attorney’s Office
- Jennifer Cotter – Deputy Chief, Criminal Bureau, Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General
- Megan Siddall – Managing Partner, Miner Siddall
- Giselle Joffre – Partner, Co-Chair, White Collar Crime & Government Investigations Practice, Foley Hoag
3:15 PM – 3:25 PM
3:25 PM– 4:10 PM
- Moderator: Linda Ricci – Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig
- Amanda Strachan – Deputy Chief, Criminal Division, United States Attorney’s Office
- Nathaniel Mendell – Partner, Morrison & Foerster
- Sarah Walters – Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Roberto Braceras – Deputy General Counsel, Head of Litigation, Fidelity
4:10 PM – 4:20 PM
4:20 PM – 5:05 PM
5:05 PM – 6:30 PM
U.S. Attorney’s Office
Laredo & Smith
Robinson + Cole
THANK YOU TO OUR TITLE SPONSOR
THANK YOU TO OUR PREMIER SPONSORS
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTICIPATING SPONSORS
BBA COVID Policy: For the safety of our members, staff, and the community, BBA programs are open only to those who are up to date with their COVID vaccines. “Up to date” currently means that you have received all doses recommended by the CDC in their primary series vaccine, and a booster dose when eligible.
If you have a religious or medical exemption from vaccination, you may attend a BBA event, but you are required to wear a mask. All others should feel free to wear masks if they choose to do so.
By registering for this event, you are attesting that you are up to date with your COVID vaccines or have a religious or medical exemption and that you will follow all local and venue specific rules regarding masking and social distancing.
Boston Bar educational programs are sponsored in part by the Joan B. DiCola Fund of the Boston Bar Foundation. This fund provides critical support for Boston Bar Association programs and initiatives that foster the education and professional development of lawyers. For more information on the BBF or this fund, please click here.